Tuesday, January 1, 2008

Fresh Start

Today starts a new year and while I won't complain about the past one I am hoping this one brings a better attitude. Per usual the best way I know how to ring in the new year is to let it creep up on on me as I am snuggled in bed and this year was no different. As for resolutions, I'm trying something new. This year my resolutions are to have fun, be happy, and like myself for who I am. These I hope are attainable and meaningful, a little different than the usual for me. What are your resolutions?


Our Christmas was quiet and we headed off to Philly to hang out with vet2b son, his fiance and her family. Can I tell you, we had a blast. M's family is so much fun and they envelope you as if you are truely a part of their family. We went to Baltimore which felt so like Boston to me. It was beautiful. I got to go wedding dress shopping, a first with three boys. Holy smokes are there alot of wedding dresses out there, some unbelievably gorgeous and others, well, I guess there is a dress for everyone! M found "the one", we could tell the minute she came out in it. It is so beautiful on her, perfect. The color makes her glow, I can't wait to see her walk down the aisle in it. I'd share more details but I am sworn to the inner circle not to reveal anything.


We went to M's grandparents for dinner one night and it was like an audition for Food Network Star! M's dad was in charge of the roast, a 6-7 lb prime rib! He showed up with it still frozen at 3:30, dinner at 5, oops! It was so funny to watch him try and figure out how to salvage the dinner without going out for defrosted meat. In the end he had the roast in the oven on a "high heat" essentially cooking and defrosting. Let me say there was just a "little" smoke. Once it was defrosted and somewhat cooked he sliced it up and finished the cooking on the grill, ingenius. While we ate a bit late I have to say it was actually delicious. Hats off Mr. D!


Our final stop before the airport was the reception site. So pretty and I can just see it in late spring. Oh, yup, they have a date, May 23, 2009. It will be a busy month what with vet school graduation, moving and starting new jobs and the wedding. M and B have pretty much decided they will be in Pennsylvania once he graduates. I wish it were a little closer but hey, it's closer than S in Michigan!

I'll close out this first post of the new year with a picture of the reception site and the happy couple in their Penn State hand holding mittens! Here's hoping the new year holds for you all that you dream about, lots of yummy yarn and plenty of time to use it.




No comments: