Thursday, January 31, 2008

Look What Followed Me Home!

Honestly, I just went into the fabric store for some cording and closures to finish off the bag. Honestly. But I got sidetracked in a big way, see-Such pretty colors and patterns, almost as much fun as the yarn store! These bags are so quick to make. The hardest thing for me is cutting the fabric. I can't cut a straight line to save my life. I found the link for the tutorial here. The bag that she shows comes out the size of the brown and pink bag. Once you make one you can pretty much figure out how to resize. I pulled out my unbelievable math skills and pulled off a few different sizes.

The insides are pretty with the linings and it's fun to mix and match (sorry I tried to take a picture of the insides but it just didn't come out, use your imaginations!). I'm trying to figure out the "best" size for a little project bag. I'll play a bit tomorrow.

As for my goal to finish the sleeve on the Minamalist last night, a bust. I'm almost there but just couldn't stay with it long enought. Tomorrow I think I'll head over to Butterfly Yarns and knit with Kim a bit away from the sewing machine and get that sleeve done.

1 comment:

cath said...

he he he--I sense another addiction taking hold :)