Wednesday, January 30, 2008

Detour

Today I took a little detour from knitting into the world of...sewing! Long ago I learned to sew, made some clothes for me and my boys and I even made a mother of the groom dress for my aunt! But I packed the sewing machine away, it gathered dust and when I went to use it over the holidays for a gift it refused to work. The poor guy was over 20 years old, I guess it deserved to retire. So I bought a new little machine, did what needed to be done on the Christmas gift and then packed the machine away. Well today it called me loud and clear!

Some time ago while reading random blogs I found directions for making little lined bags (if I can find the blog I'll link to the directions). Looked simple and they were pretty darned cute. Bought material and thread and pulled out the old machine but no cooperation. Today the new machine proved it was up to the job. In no time my little bag was all done. What do you think?






I just have to get some cording to thread in so it will pull closed and voila, a cute little bag. It is on the small side but I think it would work well for a basic kit for knitting, you know, a tape measure, some markers and scissors. Now that I have the pattern down I'm going to make some bigger ones for project bags. I have lots of material. Watch out my friends from Monday nights, you just might find some bags coming your way!

2 comments:

cath said...

oooooo--sewing--scary!! But super cute bags!

Mary said...

May I be your first customer? I'd love a sock project-sized bag. Just name your price. (I see an Etsy shop in your future.)