Wednesday, January 9, 2008

Deceiving

If you didn't know better you'd think it was spring. The weather here the last few days, well, it's just plain balmy! Yesterday I walked in the city at lunch, no coat. Folks it's January, never mind the temperature but hey the snow, it's gone baby, gone. Today the bedroom windows are open for some nice fresh air. It feels so good but I know it's only time before the cold and snow are back On the knitting front the Bubbly curtain is bubbling along. I also started the Minimalist Cardigan with my Monday Night knitting group. It's my first KAL so we'll see how well I keep up. The moss stitch is pretty but I have noticed a distinct ache in my wrist the last few days. I think I'll take it in small allotments. I'm also going to start the Summer Shawlette pattern from Knitting Daily. It's going to be for my future daughter-in-law to wear at the wedding reception. She fell in love with the pattern. It's my first time with a lace type pattern so I'm hoping it goes well. At least I have a year and a half to get it done! She wants it in any icey pale blue color maybe with some beads. I've seen a few yarns I think would work but I'll need to see them in person before deciding. It's too special a project and I want it to be right. Any suggestions?

I just bought some beautiful sock yarn from A Piece of Vermont in the Hot Cocoa colorway. It's all because of Claudia and her new Monkey socks. Just look at those socks in the rich brown, I'm just in love. I love the pattern and I love brown so guess what will be on my needles soon along with a growing number of projects. Must go knit!

I've heard tell you can't have a true knitting blog unless you post kitty pictures. So to that end here are two of the three purring critters that we live with. Oscar and Murphy, being disturbed from their afternoon nap. Oscar is the big orange guy and Murphy, well he's the other one! PK was off playing and didn't want to pose. She prefers a picture solo in the future!

No comments: