Monday, January 14, 2008

Didn't I Tell You...

Hmmm, wasn't I saying we weren't done with winter yet? Here's the proof out of one of our little lead glass windows. Pretty especially when you don't have to go to work. It did put a hold on a trip to WEBS with a friend but we'll just reschedule. More time to "shop" the site before making the trip.

I meant to show you the altogether fabulous gift my vet2b son and his fiance got me for Christmas. Pretty good job if you ask me. There is a Della Q bag which holds a beautiful set of wood needles, two skeins of ArtYarns Silk Mohair and two skeins of ArtYarns Regal Silk, both in a pink/green combination. A pattern for a beautiful shawl. There were supposed to be some markers too but apparently they did not make it from the supplier. With or without the markers it is just sooo beautiful. I keep petting the yarn. I'm actually thinking that I will be using a different colorway of the Regal Silk for M's Summer Shawlette for the wedding. I think it would be beautiful and every girl deserves silk on her wedding day, don't you think?

Current projects are moving along. I finished the back of the Minimalist Cardigan and have started the right front. Some of the KAL group are doing both fronts together but I always screw it up trying to remember if I did both as I knit. So I'm going to do one at a time. Plus I think the shorter rows will give my wrists and shoulders a rest from the moss stitch. I did start a little baby hat for some mindless knitting and the Bubbly Curtain is sort of sitting on the back burner right now. I feel compelled to get this Minimalist done with the group. Which is the good and bad of a KAL. It makes you work to get it completed but at the same time I feel like I can't do anything else.

I did get my yarn from A Piece of Vermont. So pretty! It's the Hot Cocoa colorway that I thought I might make up in the Monkey pattern a la Claudia. However the yarn isn't quite as deep in color as I imagined it to be and I'm kind of stuck after seeing Claudia's. So I think I will be heading to a yarn store close to work where I know they carry the Claudia Handpainted Yarn. I'm just going to have to be a copycat. I have other plans for the lucious Hot Cocoa!

I did finish the baby blanket out of the Puffin yarn. I can't say I loved knitting with this yarn, it seemed like cotton, very tough on my hands and wrists. However the finished project is so soft and yummy. I know it will be well received as a gift. I can just see the little chicky snuggled under the blanket. I left off the tassels, they were optional anyway. I just didn't like how they looked. The pattern is on the Crystal Palace site(follow yarn link above)

















I guess I'll head of to the couch with some hot chocolate and knitting, can it get much better?


No comments: