Sunday, January 27, 2008

Hats, hats, and more hats

Where do the days go. Every day I plan on writing a little something here and then, well, you know, it just doesn't happen. Honestly, I really mean to but something always seems to get in the way. Seems lately that it is work and knitting taking up the time. I'll try to do better.

I'm part of the Itty Bitty Knits group on Ravelry. We are doing a charity knit, each month we knit hats in various baby sizes from preemie on to donate to a hospital of the month. Twelve people are "hosts" and pick where the hats will be sent. The hats are sent to the host who does the final send off to the chosen hospital. I was lucky and will receive hats in September for the NICU that I work in. Anyway, I realized that I needed to get going with my January hats so I've been busy all weekend knitting a few to send. See....

The first yellow one is a free pattern I found somewhere on the web. The other two are from Itty Bitty Hats. I downsized the pattern to make them for preemies. I used some acrylic yarn leftover from some long ago project, before I knew what yarn and knitting was really all about. It's good for these hats though. I hope the little ones enjoy them!

Otherwise I've been working on my Minamalist Cardigan KAL. I've done the back and fronts and have started a sleeve. It's getting there. The KAL hasn't been too bad as we really didn't set any deadlines. I'm always afraid I'll be trailing everyone but so far so good. Not sure how soon I'll do another KAL though.

I think I'll go and ice my finger, I just bashed it into the door as I went to do some laundry. It's swelling and turning bruised and throbbing a bit. Good thing knitting is done for the night. That will teach me to do laundry at night! I'll be back soon, promise.

No comments: