Friday, November 2, 2007

Red Sky at Night

Red Sky at Night



This was the sky tonight from my front steps. I was going around shutting the shades and happened to catch this beautiful sunset. They say this will preceed a nor'easter here on the East coast tomorrow. We were headed up to see my son in college but figure it he can wait a day. Instead we'll run around doing a few errands early in the morning then hunker down with some football and knitting. I'm addicted to the boy's college games, not that they ever played. But for some reason I like college football. So hopefully Penn State, Purdue, and UNH will be playing and we'll be watching. I have my varied projects to work on although the yarn for the stockings still isn't dry but I am almost halfway done with the little football hat (pretty appropriate) and a scarf I am knitting for a Christmas gift is sitting patiently waiting for me to pick it up.


I'm also going to make a chicken pot pie and apple crisp to take up to the college boy, two of his favorites. Our house will tantalize us with yummy smells but the food will be off limits. I'll have to come up with some comfort food for us , it won't be fair for all those smell wafting through the house if none of it is for us. I love it when the weather turns crisper and cooking is more of a pleasure.


Off to make sure everything that might fly away in the storm is put away and make a list for the groceries for tomorrow. Everybody stay dry!

2 comments:

cath said...

Tonight was the best sunset I've seen in a while.

Evelyn said...

Hello. Just stopping in to introduce myself. I grew up in Lynn, so when I saw Lynnfield, it caught my eye. I see that we're also both on the ravelry minimalist cardigan knit-along. I have one daughter who is away at school. (me in Los Angeles, she in Chicago.) My blog is sadly picture-less, but give it a read when you have a moment.