Saturday, November 24, 2007

Get A Move On

Thanksgiving has come and gone and before we know it Christmas will be here. This will be the year of actually scaling down. There really aren't any little kids (well with K around sometimes it feels like there is a little kid in the house!) in the house so no need to run out for all the newest items. The plan is to pick gifts that are really needed or wanted within reason. We'll see how that goes, we've said it before but for some reason I think we'll be better at sticking to it this year.

On the knitting front the gifts are moving along, hopefully fast enough for everything to be accomplished. I have one hat for the nephews done, one set of the hand holding mittens completed(they are cute if I say so myself) and I'm almost done with the second of the Christmas stockings. I'll try and post some pictures this weekend. I have to get moving to try and get it all finished up.

K and my husband scored Patriots tickets for tomorrow. K wants to run up to NH to get his Patriot's jersey to wear to the game, come back home, then out to Foxboro for the game. I think not! He's obsessed with having something Patriot's to wear to the game. I'm obsessed with them staying warm as the cold air has settled in. They are off to the store today for some warm mittens and liners as well as some warm packs for hands and feet. You've got to be dedicated to sit out in the cold to watch grown men running around and into each other. Me, I'm staying home where it's warm. I think I'll work on those projects, maybe run over to my LYS to check out the Dream in Color yarn (if there is any left), eat in front of the tv, and check in on the game now and then. They'll be home late and have to get up early to get K back up to college for his first class. It's all worth it he says!

Hope you all had a wonderful Thanksgiving!

1 comment:

cath said...

I'm into staying warm. I spent the morning reorganizing the stash I didn't think I had (oops). Hope to see you tomorrow.