Wednesday, November 7, 2007

Yarn Haul....I mean crawl

Today was a perfect day, good friend, beautiful weather and yarn shopping. What more could anyone ask for? Every so often friends and I like to go off for the day usually exploring new yarn shops. It's so much fun to fondle yarn in new environments. Today was no exception.


We started the day at Seed Stitch Fine Yarns(http://www.seedstitchfineyarn.com/) in Salem. What a pretty and comfy shop. Welcoming with inviting chairs and bright space. We were told to fondle to our hearts content and being the best at following directions we did! There were walls of beautiful fiber of all colors and weights. Books nicely arranged with chairs to settle into as you looked through the books and patterns. Nice buttons and displays that made you want to buy "one of each"! It was hard to keep the impules at bay but I only bought a few things, see...


A skein of Louet Euroflax in the colorway Aqua for a window covering from Mason Dixon Knitting. We just finished painting the tv room in "Shallow Tide" so I'm hoping it will go well. The other skein is a new yarn for me. It's Sheep Shop Yarn (#3 ) for a pair of socks. Really really pretty, silk and wool.


Our next stop was at Cranberry Fiber Arts (http://www.cranberryfiberarts.com/) in South Hamilton. This used to be primarily a quilting shop, now yarn is the focus. And pretty yarn it is. Lots of pretty yarn. My favorite is the wall of Malabrigo, I could just fondle that all day. There is yarn for just about any project. They even had some Madeline Tosh sock yarn but I'm waiting for the shipment at Butterfly yarns to come in. Patiently, I'm waiting patiently. No yarn bought here.


Our final stop (after a yummy lunch at the Wenham Tea House of course) was at Yarns in the Farms (http://www.yarnsinthefarms.com/) in Beverly. A little shop we almost drove right by. But I'm glad we didn't! What a cute funky place. It oozes charm and character. It's little but packed with wonderful yarns, buttons, books, and a cute little pooch. My hands had a hard time staying out of the cubbies, everything asked to be touched, in fact, at times some of the yarn jumped out at me begging to be fondled.


No, your eyes are not playing tricks. You do see more Brown Sheep Shop yarn, and yes, same colorway. But this is heavier weight yarn for a scarf and a hat. I just love this yarn and it's even better across the different weights. I know I'll be looking for more of this in the future. The other is a skein of KidSilk Spray in a pink/grey hue that is pretty. I'm not a lace knitter but some of my Monday Night group have inspired me so I'm going to give it a try, probably after the holidays. It's soo very soft. You might also spy a new ladybug tape measure, yup. I was enabled, thanks Mary!

I did get pictures from my son's (vet2b) friend for whom I knit a sweater. It got to him just in time as the snow was flying briefly out in Minnesota. He's been wearing it alot and IT FITS! I was worried, I've never met him and well, I was worried. But all is well.

A good day, a very good day!













No comments: