Saturday, December 15, 2007

Uh Oh...

Yikes, where did the time go? Wasn't it just Thanksgiving? I can't believe Chritmas is just 10 days away. Ready? Not me.

My holiday knitting that had to be sent out is done. That's a first for me. It doesn't mean that there won't be knitting on gifts up until Christmas, oh there will be, but at least those gifts that have to fly the friendly skies have taken wing.

Hmm, well apparently Blogger doesn't want me to post pictures of those finished objects, I guess that will come later. So, I finished the stockings for the newlyweds (and no bleeding of the red yarn this time), hats and scarves for the nephews, fingerless mitts for my mom, hand holding mittens for the newlyweds (and I have two more pair of those to do but they go quick), socks for B's future MIL, and a scarf for my job share partner. Not too bad.

I've needed to sneak in a few other projects for me even though I said I would knit only on the gifts. But since I'm just about done I thought it would be ok. I'm working on a Fidget(www.onesheephill.com) and Quant from Knitty(www.knitty.com) in Sheep Shop Yarn color G43. Both quick knits and maybe future gifts for next year, but these are for me, just me!

The tree is up along with a few decorations but I'm just not feeling it this year. I haven't baked, wrapping still to do, not to mention the shopping that still awaits. It gets harder as everyone is older. Maybe I can convince everybody that we don't need to do gifts anymore until new little ones arrive on the scene. I mean it really takes the spirit out of it when you have to ask for and shop from a list. No suprises. Lets just make it about the food(yum) and the people we love. Yeah, that sounds good!

I'll try and post later(promise) pictures of the finished objects. Now it's time to prepare for the big nor'easter coming our way.
Stay tuned and stay warm.

No comments: