Tuesday, October 30, 2007

Odds and Ends

A working weekend, not much knitting and obviously no posting. So today will be a day for odds and ends.

I joined the Knitters Tea Swap 4 in October, my first swap. I figured yarn, tea, it had to be good. I was matched with someone from Australia (hi Nikki) and we started our emails. It was neat to chat with someone you've never met and figure out what goodness to send them You had to send yarn that would complete a project, tea and goodies to go with the tea, and then anything else you wanted. Something you sent had to be from your local area. Nikki did a great job sending me some green tea and some Jasmine tea along with some Australian Macadamias and TimTams. There was a 2008 calendar of New South Wales (I so want to go visit). And yarn goodness with two balls of Hot Socks yarn, one in a pretty fall colorway and the other in some beautiful blues and pinks. It looks like the yarn is made in Turkey and when I tell you it is soft, it is soo soft. I can't wait to knit up some socks with it. Nikki even sent the cool bag from the yarn store, the Wool Inn. I'm a sucker for bags! It was a great swap, one I'll join again. I hope Nikki likes what I sent her.
My loot

I'm trying to work on finishing up projects and getting a few Christmas presents done. I finished a pair of fingerless mitts for my mom. I did finish a really pretty Christmas stocking, one of two, for my newly married son and his wife. I really was thrilled with it. However, when I blocked it the beautiful red color from the stocking bled right into the pristine white of the snowflake and now, well now, I have a pink snowflake! That will teach me. I figured they would not be washed so I didn't think there was a chance of the red and white actually meeting. Needless to say I was back getting more yarn today and it has been washed and rinsed a few times over now. I think, I hope, I've taken care of that problem. Hopefully the yarn will dry soon so I can get them done before Christmas is over. My husband has yet to figure out what the "weird" smell is yet!

Other projects include a baby blanket for an upcoming baby girl made from some new Crystal Palace yarn called Puffin. It is made from strips of polar fleece like material and it's another softie. I can just imagine how wonderful it will feel all made up. I couldn't resist it today and I know the mom will love it. It's white with flecks of pink and well of course, orange. I'm dying to start but need to finish a few things before it can see a needle. I also got some yarn for the little football hat in Itty- Bitty Hats. It's for a client of mine due soon with her fourth boy. I made hats for her two little premie guys I worked with so this guy will get a hat too.

I guess that's all for now, since I have so many projects I best get going on them. I'll be back soon.

(PS I suprised myself by getting pictures in here, not bad if I do say so myself!)

2 comments:

cath said...

Puffin sounds interesting--I want to feel that one!

DrLaura said...

HI there,
i'm laura "sockguru" for crystal palace yarns, and also run a blog for cpy. i adore puffin! it is soooo soft and nice!
would love to post your pics of the puffin baby blanket and link to your blog if you will email me! drlaura.sirius@gmail.com{ps i was in kts4 too!]
the blog is socks&more
blessings, :L, laura