Tuesday, September 2, 2008

September Is Here

September has arrived and with it some cooler evening and nights while the days are warm and dry. I live for this time of year. Not to mention K is happily ensconced back at school. It's amazing how our food bill goes down and the house stays neat! I miss all the boys but I do admit I'm not having any empty nest feelings.

Labor Day came and went. It was actually a pretty peaceful weekend not much running around. We spent a large part of Labor Day up in Newburyport. It was an absolutely gorgeous day, warm with a breeze. I love it there, lots of little shops, good food and the ocean. A few pictures to spark your interest. I've been playing with the camera to try and get some "pretty" pictures. I'm hoping to take a photography class this fall to learn about lighting and composition. In the meantime try not to get too tired of my experiments!














We drove home on backroads, it felt like when you used to take those Sunday rides with your parents. It was fun to look at the ocean and the pretty houses alomg the way. We got to stop at one of the farm stands on the way home. Meet Buffy!

Obviously Buffy is the resident buffalo. I always think it's so funny to see him/her there, I just don't expect a buffalo to be living so close to the ocean and at a farm stand. What was even funnier this time was that in the pen with Buffy was a llama (or was it an alpaca, I can never keep them straight). Couldn't get a good picture of them together. I wonder if they sell any yarn??? They did sell some really delicious corn though, I could have had a dozen all by myself!

On the knitting front I bailed out on my shawl for the Knitting Olympics. This week I plan to spend some time playing with it without the pressure of a deadline. I'm hoping I will find that groove lace knitters seem to be in when one with their knitting. I have been doing some "lace" with my February Lady Sweater. This knit I am totally enjoying. The yarn feels right and looks right in the pattern. I'm done the body and working on the sleeves. I hope to have it done soon to wear as the weather takes on that cool edge. Here she is swinging in the breeze, not a care in the world! Today I spent some time cleaning out my knitting area. Found a "few" unfinished projects and some yarn I forgot I had. I'm sure there is a lot more of forgotten yarn around. I am trying to use from what I already have but I get so tempted when I see something new.

I'll leave with my final picture. I think it sums up the coming month. Enjoy!


2 comments:

Unknown said...

The pictures are beautiful. So is the sweater.

Morticcia said...

Hi. I'm an occasional lurker. (I think we live in the same town.) I'm curious where you plan to take photog classes.

I'm hoping to improve my skills and thought about taking a class too.