Saturday, May 10, 2008

Day in NH

We didn't need the boat after all. Today turned out to be a beautiful spring day just right for a drive to the NH Sheep and Wool Festival. What a great day. Cute animals, unbelievable yarn, and yummy food. Honestly it can't get much better than that.

Aren't these guys too cute? They were friendly and so curious. Some of them had had their coats shorn and they looked like they were wearing cordorouy suits. I could have taken them all home but they just wouldn't have fit in the car. It would have been fun though cruising down 93 with their little heads sticking up through the sun roof!!






This poor guy looked like he just got out of bed! Don't know why he was having such a bad hair day but I think he got the most attention because of it. He (or she) reminded me of K on an early morning!

There was yarn everywhere. It always makes me a little crazy because I get overwhelmed fast. Should I buy this now or do I wait and maybe see something else I like better? Will I be able to find it again if I don't buy it now but want it later? Oh, the pressure. I was so busy looking I forgot to take too many pictures but it looked like this everywhere.

I managed to find some really pretty yarn from some places I hadn't seen before. Sock yarn, some lucious alpaca, and a sweater worth of organic cotton that feels like butter.

The three large cakes are the cotton from Decadent Fibers, the dark brown in front is alpaca from Sweet Maple Alpacas (Lydia donated her coat for the yarn) and the multi cakes are sock yarn from ellens half pint farm.

All in all it was a great day. Good company, beautiful animals and fiber, celebrity sightings (Grumperina and Guido), and food, lamb(sorry guys) and the best apple crisp!

Just one picture of a finished object, the garter shawl for M. The picture doesn't show how pretty the yarn is but you can see a little of the sparkle. The sparkle comes from a strand of KidSilk Night and it's held with one skein of another yarn but I can't find the ball band. Trust me, it's pretty. I've been looking for a horse or greyhound shawl pin but so far no luck. If anyone knows of a source let me know.

1 comment:

cath said...

Sorry I missed you guys!! I also missed the celebs. I bought some Ellen's Half Pint Farm also!! Great minds knit alike. Will bring my loot on Monday for show and tell.