Saturday, February 9, 2008

Time Flies.....when you're knitting!

Here we are into the second month of 2008. Time flies by especially as you knit. The good news is that we are making progress towards spring and some longer days, warmer weather, mmhh good!

On the knitting front my first ever Koigu arrived. After this I can say it won't be my last. There was a sale at Patternworks so I indulged. The only hard thing is choosing colors and wondering what they are as the pictures are small and there are no descriptions of the colors involved. Now I don't think you can go wrong with this yarn but next time I think I will buy in person. Here's what I thought was a brown colored yarn along with a grey blue combo-Do you see brown? Me either! It's color 856 in the catalog and tell me if you don't see brown there, go on, go look. It's not, what it is is a beautiful wine and pinkish color, beautiful in it's own right, just not brown. I was going to do my copying of Claudia's socks with this because I loved her brown but I think I will use this and it will be beautiful. Moves me from my earth tone preference just a hair. Koigu, it's a good thing!

My Minimalist is completed, yahoo! Before you get too impressed, the knitting is done. I have to get it on the blocking board and then seam it up. I love the knitting part, the finishing not so much. But that's my goal for the weekend to at least get it to the blocking board :)

I went to Butterfly Yarns last night for their sale (20% off anything with wool on the label). Bought a bit for a baby sweater and a hat (inspired by another customer's) as well as some sock yarn. If they stopped making socks commercially you won't have to worry. I think I have enough sock yarn to supply us all. Me, who could never understand the fascination with socks. Thanks Mary for establishing the infatuation!!!

K is home for the weekend so I'm off to do some cooking so he can have leftovers to take back to school.

1 comment:

cath said...

Brown it is not--but it is lovely, Can't wait to see the completed cardigan!