Monday, February 18, 2008

It's Done

I did finish the Minimalist this weekend. Most of the seaming I did on Friday. I sewed in ends over the weekend and today and she is done. My first KAL. Here she is in all her glory.



Pattern: Minimalist Cardigan from Interweave Knits, Fall 2007

Yarn: Mission Falls 1824 Wool in green

I think I'll be able to wear this sweater a bit, it seems versatile. I may have made it a tad big, the shoulders droop a bit but on the whole I think it will do. Three of the four of us are done and will be showing off the sweaters tonight at our group. It will be fun to see them all together.
I also finished the Foliage Hat from Knitty. This was a really fun pattern although in the begining it kicked my butt. I frogged it so many times until I got into the rhythm. Once I got going it was very enjoyable and I do love the pattern. I did the worsted version. The color is so pretty and so me. I just wish I looked good in hats!

Pattern: Foliage Hat from Knitty

Yarn: Karabella Aurora 8 in burnt orange

I think I'll go wind some of my Koigu for a new sock and then go figure out what to work on now. I have too many projects started, the Bubbly Curtain, a scarf, a pair of socks.......yikes, maybe I better not start anything new. Who am I kidding, I'm off to wind that yarn!

2 comments:

Morticcia said...

Your hat looks gorgeous. I just finished one in Malabrigo and since I wasn't faithful to the pattern, it'd fit a watermelon - the long way. Froggsville for me.

cath said...

The cardigan is LOVELY!!!