Monday, August 4, 2008

Returned

Back from the unreal city they call Vegas. All I can say is WOW! They aren't kidding when they say it's a city that never sleeps. There are people everywhere, all the time. Constant noise. Hot, I mean really hot. It's a big fantasy land for adults.I guess I can say I've been. Will I go back? Well I think there are other places I would rather go. A few pictures of the sites.

















I didn't get much knitting done. I pulled out my sock on the plane only to find that my needle had broken. I don't know how, it was in my carry on bag and not overly packed. But there it was, broken, so that project was a bust. I of course had another project in my luggage and I managed to get in a bit of it during some of the conference. But when not actually in sessions we were at the pool and since it was so hot most of the time we spent in the water. So not much knitting there either. I made some progress on my BYOB. I will say that between the cotton yarn and the seemingly endless seed stitch this is not one of my favorite knits. It is pretty though and very practical so I'll get to finishing it soon.


When I returned I did find a package from my Sock Yarn from Your Stash (3) swap partner. It was some package! A Stitch and Pitch tote bag, a ladybug project bag filled with tools, a ladybug mitten pattern, stationary, yummy treats and tea. The yarn I recieved was from Pagewood Farms, a beautiful colorway called Crayon, bamboo/merino blend. Oh so pretty. I'm looking forward to knitting with it. This swap has been so much fun. I've "met" great people and received unbelievable packages. I'm thinking I may do round 5, if there is one. Check out the group on Ravelry.

Looks like I'm knitting up some sweaters for the greyhounds soon. A knitting buddy sent me the link to these sweaters and I think they are so cute. Awaiting word on what colors will suit Peaches and Zip and then I'll get started. Can't have cold puppies this winter!

1 comment:

Unknown said...

Were there no yarn shops in Vegas? I forgot to ask.