Tuesday, March 4, 2008

Still Here

Our computer has been acting funky and so the posting has been lacking. This will be short and sweet, no pictures, sorry.

Listening to podcasts today and I heard something interesting. The person being interviewed said that knitting for her was giving back to herself, caring for herself. It gave her pleasure and time for herself as well as time to contemplate. I never thought of knitting in just that way. Knitting is indeed pleasurable for me. But this statement made me think. I love the feel of the yarn, watching the piece grow. I like the feel of the needles. I do find that I "go" someplace when I knit that is calming and centers me. And I know I "need" to knit. I never wondered why. I think I know now. It's one of the ways that I take care of myself. With all of the demands and pressures I need something that helps me take care of me. Knitting does just that!

Check out NH Knitting Mama's blog. She has a great etsy shop and fun blog. Tell her I sent you!

1 comment:

NH Knitting Mama said...

Thanks for the link! I put your name in the hat.