Saturday, March 8, 2008

I Don't Think It's Contagious

In looking at the symptoms I think I have diagnosed myself with of all things, startitis! I don't think you can catch it from reading the blog, I think you're safe. Lately I just can't help myself from casting on.

From left to right across your screen you will find the first of the Nutkin socks, the start of the Wool Peddler's Shawl, the Heart Scarf, the Bubbly curtain, and my first ever Clapotis. Yikes!! Those are the main projects I have going, I know there are a few others in hibernation. I'm hoping they stay wherever they are for a little while longer. I am pleased that the Bubbly curtain is progressing. I'm actually at the point that I can take it out in public to knit on and not screw up. My husband would like it done so we would have a covering for the window sometime soon. I'm working on it. I need to do another gauge swatch for the Wool Peddler's shawl. I think I need to go up one needle size to be where I want. And yes, you heard that right, me, doing a gauge swatch! And I have to say I am totally enthralled with the Clapotis. I keep working on it to see the color changes and I'm getting to the point where I drop my first stitch, ON PURPOSE! I've never done that before, I'm a little scared. Any idea what you think I'll finish first? I'm hoping not to cast on for anything else until I get at least two of these things done. But I forgot to mention that I'm going to WEB's this week. Uh Oh!!

I am proud of the organizing I've been doing with my patterns and stash. It was getting pretty ugly. So I bought notebooks and organized the patterns and tried to organize some of the yarn. It looks pretty good if I say so myself.


Looks impressive doesn't it??

Don't be too impressed there are still project bags hanging from most door knobs in the house and yarn in unlikely places but I'm working on it. It's a little overwhelming to see what I have managed to accumulate yet it doesn't seem to stop me from buying more. Is that a problem?

1 comment:

Margaret said...

Actually, the most common means of spreading Startitis is through blogs with a secondary mode being knitting groups and yarn shop visits ;)

Seems like the organizing is going well (though that can contribute to startitis - "oh look, I forgot I was going to make one of those" or "oh, this yarn would be perfect for...") ask me how I know!

The stashing only becomes a problem if you feel it is or its causing issues with others in the house - otherwise its a harmless hobby . . .

Happy knitting!