Sunday, July 13, 2008

Cruisin' Along

Things are moving along these days. The summer is going well, a few humid days, alot of rain but overall enjoyable. The flowers in my yard are enjoying the weather so far, just take a look-


My widow boxes are going crazy and the hydrangea is out of control (in a good way). Don't you just love my "birds of a feather" garden stake? I couldn't resist them at the garden center. Flowers are blooming everywhere. It really is pretty. On the agenda for the rest of the weekend is taking our little fountain on the deck and moving it to the garden area surrounding the deck. I think it will look better there.


In the knitting world M's shawl is complete. I really am proud of it. I can't believe I was afraid to start it. I sent M some pictures and she loves it too, yippee! I can't wait to see it on her. M moves to NJ tomorrow to start a new job so she and vet2b will be separated until the wedding. She's excited but I know they will miss each other. However the good news is that if all goes well it looks like they will settle in the NJ area when vet2b graduates and that means they will only be 3-4 hours away. So good luck M as you start the new job!! Here's a look at the blocked shawl.














I also finished a baby sweater and some socks. My fingers seem to be moving right along these days. The projects that were overwhelming me in their bags hanging all over the house are finally being completed. Only a matter of time until it starts all over again. Meanwhile I'm into trying to finish up projects started that are on the needles.





The sweater is Helena from Knitty. I did it in the Sheep Shop 3 yarn, purples. The socks are called Order from Chaos from Fearless Fibers. Great pattern . They were done in yarn hand dyed by Kim at Butterfly Yarns. She is doing some awesome colors!

Guess that's it for the knitting news. Heading off to the airport to pick up vet2b who will be with us for the next two weeks doing one of his rotations. Almost like old times 2 out of the three boys home. It will be fun to spend some time with him. Then it's off to Las Vegas for my conference. What better place to discuss breasts! See you when I get back, maybe sooner !

2 comments:

Orinda5 said...

The shawl turned out beautifully! What a wonderful gift for M.

Las Vegas and breasts! Haaaa!

Unknown said...

You are the fastest knitter I know. The wedding shawl is gorgeous.